Thursday 21 March 2013

Print to Pixel 
El Divisadero 
Chris Watson 


Starting this project was extremely challenging as I missed the whole first week of induction workshops and lectures because of being ill and in hospital. So catching up over Easter was really difficult. But after emailing and asking peers I soon understood the brief as best as I could and jumped straight in by listening to my piece of music, A LOT. 
The piece I got was very eerie, it provoked a very 'horror movie' atmosphere with a wagon rolling on its tracks and the slow noises floating in the background. It was creepy and dark when I listened to it.
I started to jot down some general words that described what I could hear and some of the emotions it provoked.



Although it was eerie and I found it sinister there was also something quite soothing about it. Like the sort of sounds you'd hear in a day spa or on them machines that play music to send you to sleep. There was definitely a therapeutic aspect to the music track.  

After watching some YouTube videos I found a documentary, It is Christ Watson explaining his process when creating his tracks. It explains how this is an art form and he uses mostly natural sounds by going out travelling with his equipment to various locations and focusing on sounds. 



No comments:

Post a Comment